|Autor:||Dr. Tom Smith||Długość nagrania:||04:00:00|
|Wydawca:||Matrix Digital Publishing||Język publikacji:||angielski|
|Kategoria:||audiobooki angielskie >> poradniki|
Osteoporosis affects around three million people in the UK, and bone loss can begin as early as the late teens and early 20s. Broken bones due to osteoporosis mean that the disease is at a very advanced stage, and, while doctors can help greatly with modern drugs, some damage is irreversible. But, equally, early attention can prevent osteoporosis getting to this crippling stage, often for decades.
This book looks at the best ways to keep bones young, strong and healthy, with advice on diet, exercise and lifestyle. It also focuses on the latest medical research, including major new studies that challenge the current acceptance of some of today's treatments.
- Bones - their structure and how they can go wrong
- Who is at risk, and why, including people with anorexia
- Osteoporosis in men
- Which supplements you should and should not take
- Why you must stop smoking
- Medical treatments and how modern management of osteoporosis may halt or postpone the worst damage
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) - should you take it?
- Non-drug treatments, including surgery, hip protectors, posture training supports, and balance and exercise trainingPossible future treatments, including once a year treatment.
Darmowy fragment publikacji:
Gdzie kupić całą publikację:
Autor: Dr. Tom Smith